What are the restrictions outside of the APZs?
Uses that typically have, or require, outdoor recreation associated with them are prohibited in the High Intensity Noise Area (above 74dB); residential uses are permitted but with soundproofing to 45dB under the noise requirements. Height limits also exist throughout the MIOZ. Find out who to contact for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What is the MIOZ?
2. What is the MIOZMA?
3. What are the Safety Zones?
4. When will the MIOZ take effect?
5. Why do these regulations extend beyond the Clear Zone?
6. What kind of accidents are possible in the Safety Zones?
7. After all the development that has been allowed, why is this legislation being proposed now?
8. The MIOZ refers to the need to have a Use and Occupancy Permit. I heard that such permits were not required for churches. Is this true?
9. All the MIOZ make my use or structure nonconforming? Can a nonconforming use be replaced by the same use after the MIOZ is enacted? Are uses prohibited by the MIOZ “grandfathered” in?
10. Are new churches allowed?
11. Why aren’t we restricting JBA activity instead of many of the prohibited uses in the MIOZ?
12. I live in a single-family home. The MIOZMA establishes height limits that may be as high as several hundred feet. How does this affect me and why am I being placed in this zone?
13. The letter I received contained a reference to an affidavit requirement and the intensification of zoning. Can you provide more information?
14. What are the restrictions outside of the APZs?
15. How can the zoning be seen at the "street" level?
16. At what point in the development approval process is a project considered "vested?"