The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB) is a group of 11 committed community members who are passionate about Parks and Recreation in Prince George's County. PRAB provides advice to the County Executive, County Council, and Prince George's County Planning Board on issues related to parks and recreation, as appropriate. PRAB members are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council.
PRAB members are committed to:
- Engage the community to gather and share information about Maryland-National Capital Parks and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) Department of Parks and Recreation programs and facilities
- Understand the philosophy and the implementation of the Formula 2040: Functional Master Plan for Parks, Recreation, and Open Space
- Assist with decision-making on partnerships and naming requests
- Visit Parks and Recreation programs and facilities, and attend groundbreakings, dedications, and special events
- Advocate for the M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation
If you would like to address PRAB in person, attend a meeting, or have any questions regarding PRAB or the information on this webpage, please contact the Board